|The DEATH GAME Meat Cleaver edition is exclusive to our online store. |
You won’t get this from Amazon or anywhere else, so if you do want one of the embossed DEATH GAME meat cleavers included with the first 2000 units, make sure you order direct from Grindhouse Releasing! This limited edition will sell out QUICKLY!
|RELEASE DATE: MARCH 8, 2022|
|Grindhouse Releasing is proud to present the ultimate 1970s psychological thriller. John Cassavetes veteran Seymour Cassel stars as George Manning, a family man whose perfect life is turned into a nightmare of sex and torture when he allows himself to be seduced by two nubile young strangers (Sondra Locke and Colleen Camp) who show up at his door on a rainy night. Considered lost for many decades, DEATH GAME is being presented for for the first time on home video in its original 2.39:1 aspect ratio, meticulously restored in 4K from the original camera negative.|
• Spectacular new 4K restoration created from the original camera negative
•Provocative, in-depth interviews with cult movie legend Colleen Camp (GAME OF DEATH, APOCALYPSE NOW) and director Peter Traynor, conducted by Eli Roth
• Additional interviews with co-star Sondra Locke, producer Larry Spiegel, cinematographer/editor David Worth, and screenwriter Michael Ronald Ross
• Audio commentaries by Colleen Camp & Eli Roth, and Larry Spiegel & David Worth
• 24-page full-color booklet with rare photos and liner notes
• Extensive still galleries
• Beautiful embossed slipcover with new art by esteemed painter Dave Lebow
• AND OTHER SURPRISES!
|“A grisly stab at horror exploitation.”|
“An intense, uncomfortable film… an exercise in suspense, violence and degradation.”
– Roy Frumkes, Hollywood Reporter
“An extremely well made, engrossing and often shocking film that bears watching if you have the stomach for it… a relentlessly painful and violent film. Traynor shows the gross sickness of a violent society.”
– Doug de Lisle, The Times Record
“If you have a friend who enjoys this movie, get a new friend.”
– Cleveland Plain Dealer
We are bringing DEATH GAME to select theaters nationwide in 2022! See it on the big screen at these upcoming dates:
• January 14 & 15 – Marcus des Peres Cinema 14, St Louis
• January 19 – Alamo Drafthouse New Mission, San Francisco
• February 4 – American Cinematheque – Los Feliz 3 Theatre, Los Angeles
• March 5 – Coolidge Corner Theatre, Boston
THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BE MYSELF: The Authorized Biography of Rudy Ray Moore aka Dolemite by Mark Jason Murray
“I love Rudy and we have thanked him on all of our releases since the beginning of Grindhouse Releasing. Mark has created the book equivalent of one of our movie releases – decades in the making, as exhaustive as possible, with no stone left unturned.
I am deeply honored that he allowed us to be involved with what I feel is the most important book of the decade.”
– Bob Murawski, Grindhouse Releasing
• NOT AVAILABLE IN STORES!
• Shipping begins on 2/1/2022!
DELUXE LIMITED EDITION HARDBACK OF ONLY 2000 COPIES! (NOTE: Nearly half of these were already pre-sold. Don’t wait as this edition will sell out quickly!)
As a dancer, singer, comedian and filmmaker, Rudy Ray Moore teetered on obscurity his entire life. Finally, with the creation of his “Dolemite” character and the release of several controversial and groundbreaking hit comedy albums and self-produced films during the 1970’s, Moore achieved his short-lived success. As the decade changed and he struggled to survive, Moore’s work fueled a new generation of fans and artists, who would help resurrect his career. He would become known as the “King of the Party Records” and the “Godfather of Rap,” influencing comedians, musicians and pop culture, long after his passing. His tenacity and achievements were so inspiring, a part of his story was the basis for the hit Netflix film, Dolemite is My Name, starring Eddie Murphy as Rudy Ray Moore.
Throughout his life, Rudy remained a very private person. He would end his live performances by commenting to the crowd, “Thank you for letting me be myself!” Yet, Moore was far removed from his public persona, and personal details of his life were rarely shared. Many people, including those closest to Moore, believed they knew him well, yet the complete and detailed story of his life remained untold.
Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself reveals Moore’s unknown origins as he escaped poverty and abuse to enter the world of show business. Every period of his life and career is discussed in tremendous detail, with great effort made to place everything into proper historical and cultural context. Speculations will be cleared and truths will be told through the controversial last year of his life… and beyond.
Inspiration. Icon. Legend.
This is the story of Rudy Ray Moore.
THE TOTAL EXPERIENCE!
• Limited edition hardback of only 2000 copies!
• 380 full color glossy pages!
• Over 600 photos!
• Extensive discography / videography covering hundreds of releases!
• Full details on the making of all of Moore’s classic films (Dolemite, The Human Tornado, Petey Wheatstraw: The Devil’s Son-in-Law, Disco Godfather and more)!
• The definitive text on Rudy Ray Moore!
“Rudy Ray Moore became this little hero of mine. He was the loser who refused to lose.”
– Eddie Murphy
“Long before there was Spike Lee, John Singleton and Robert Townsend, there was Rudy Ray Moore. A true pioneer who gave future generations of black filmmakers hope.”
– Arsenio Hall
“Without Rudy Ray Moore, there would be no Snoop Dogg, and that’s for real.”
– Snoop Dogg
“I am the King!”
– Rudy Ray Moore