THE OBJECT IS TO STAY ALIVE!
Grindhouse Releasing is proud to present the ultimate 1970s psychological thriller. John Cassavetes veteran Seymour Cassel stars as George Manning, a family man whose perfect life is turned into a nightmare of sex and torture when he allows himself to be seduced by two nubile young strangers (Sondra Locke and Colleen Camp) who show up at his door on a rainy night. Considered lost for many decades, DEATH GAME is being presented for for the first time on home video in its original 2.39:1 aspect ratio, meticulously restored in 4K from the original camera negative.
• Spectacular new 4K restoration created from the original camera negative
• Provocative, in-depth interviews with cult movie legend Colleen Camp (GAME OF DEATH, APOCALYPSE NOW) and director Peter Traynor, conducted by Eli Roth
• Additional interviews with co-star Sondra Locke, producer Larry Spiegel, cinematographer/editor David Worth, and screenwriter Michael Ronald Ross
• Audio commentaries by Colleen Camp & Eli Roth, and Larry Spiegel & David Worth
• 24-page full-color booklet with rare photos and liner notes
• BONUS CD – original soundtrack album by Jimmie Haskell newly restored by Lucky Mastering from a newly-discovered tape
• Extensive still galleries
• Beautiful embossed slipcover with new art by esteemed painter Dave Lebow
• AND OTHER SURPRISES!
“FASCINATING…I couldn’t be more thrilled with the flawless restoration of DEATH GAME“
– Donald Farmer, The Splatter Times
“RELENTLESS…a grindhouse classic”
– Glenn Kenny, RogerEbert.com
“OUTRAGEOUS, thanks to the memorable, go-for-broke, performances by Sondra Locke and Colleen Camp who are sexy, bonkers and surprisingly scary. This 4K restoration, 2-disc Blu-ray special edition, is another exciting release from Grindhouse. And a labor of love- it took years to get here and is so worth it. You can finally appreciate the moody cinematography of David Worth and great production design by Jack Fisk. ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES.”
– Dennis Dermody, OriginalCinemaniac.com
“A grisly stab at horror exploitation.”
“An extremely well made, engrossing and often shocking film that bears watching if you have the stomach for it… a relentlessly painful and violent film. Traynor shows the gross sickness of a violent society.”
– Doug de Lisle, The Times Record
“Fun, campy, and shocking”
– Florida Today
“If you have a friend who enjoys this movie, get a new friend.”
– Cleveland Plain Dealer
“An intense, uncomfortable film… an exercise in suspense, violence and degradation.”
– Roy Frumkes, Hollywood Reporter
Color – 2.39:1 – 1977 – 87 minutes – R RATED – Region 0
© 2021 Grindhouse Releasing. All Rights Reserved.